Gerard Guez begins his career in denim with Sasson Jeans.
Gerard Guez and Todd Kay first meet.
First sourcing office opens in Hong Kong
Tarrant Company Ltd. (TCL) is formed in Hong Kong.
Gerard and Todd join forces with first branded venture, NO! Jeans.
Gerard and Todd evolve the business into a manufacturing model with Limited Corp. designing exclusively for Limited Express Stores.
First sampling facility opens in Mainland China.
Company goes public as Tarrant Apparel Group (TAGS)
– Tarrant build an entire vertical manufacturing chain in Mexico.
– Buddha Bar, the hospitality venture between Gerard and partner Raymond Visan, opens in Paris.
– Gerard acquires the Seven7 Jeans license.
– Launch of American Rag CIE as private brand at Macy’s.
– Seven Licensing company is formed to develop the Seven7 Jeans, Marisa K and ReRock brands. New York showroom space is secured in Times Squared.
Seven7 Knits business is created.
Seven7 forms alliance with Lane Bryant for exclusive plus size contract.
– Launch of ReRock Jeans at Express Stores.
– Superdry North American Master License is secured and Los Angeles Pop-Up shop is launched.
– Opening of LIVE! On Sunset boutique in west Hollywood.
Corporate offices are consolidated at 801 Figueroa in Downtown Los Angeles.
– Opening first US Superdry store in New York City.
– Relaunch and brand management of Sasson Jeans in partnership for Wal-Mart.
– Privatization of TAGS and rebranding as Sunrise Brands.
– American Rag renews 10-year exclusive contract for all Macy’s doors.
– Launch of US e-comemrce site SUPERDRYSTORE.com.
– Sunrise Beauty Studio develops American Eagle Outfitters personal care collection.
– ReRock partners wit Express Stores for nationwide marketing campaign.
– Revamp of Fadded Glory collection Wal-Mart.
– Launch of E-Commerce site TAGS.com
– Launch of G.E.T. outwear division.
– Expansion of China development facilities.
– U.S. Superdry store count reaches 5 doors.
– Launch of Abbot + Main with actor Kellan Lutz.
– Seven7 Intimates established.
– Radiant Bag Division established.
– Sketchers Entertainment license secured.
– Gerard Guez receives the City of Hope’s prestigious Spirit Of Life Award.
– Isaac Mizrahi Jeans License is acquired.
– Superdry opens Time Square Flagship store.
– Young & Faded launches.
– Superdry’s 12th store opens on Lexington.
– People’s Liberation license acquired.
Diane Gilman license acquired.
Melissa McCarthy license acquired.
People’s Liberation brand re-launch with men’s line.
Eva Longoria Collection launch
Anderson Silva Spiderkick license acquired